Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jalan Surabaya | Jakarta | Indonesia

After scouring Google, TripAdvisor, and every obscure travel blog I could find to choose an outing for our midweek holiday, I came to the conclusion that I have thoroughly and satisfactorily experienced all there is to "do" in Jakarta. The last remaining thing was a street market called Jalan Surabaya. Known for it's selection of antiques and trinkets, along with outlandish prices, Jalan Surabaya provided a nice reprive from our daily routine. Since my haggling skills are a bit rusty, I only came away with a vintage Dutch Bible, complete with beautiful illustrations and a touch of mold. Although the market might get overwhelming, it is well worth the visit if you have time to dedicate to searching the nooks and crannies!


1 comment:

  1. I love Jalan Surabaya, you can browse antiques in each stores all day long.....

    ReplyDelete