Saturday, November 9, 2013

Port Shepstone | South Africa

On the tail end of my trip, I headed further south to a town called Port Shepstone to see some of the amazing things that God is doing down there. What I saw was quite incredible. It truly was a body of Christ, working cohesively, to reach out to the community through a wide variety of avenues. Also, the local language, Zulu, is pretty cool. Here are some of the adorable kiddoes that I encountered in one after school outreach:
This last picture is of a student at an orphanage that I visited. He could tell I had entered the room before I had been announced! He is blind. He is also the age of my third graders last year. They are teaching him braille and even had a brailler for him. In this shot, he's reading some of his flash cards for me. He let me try out some of his flashcards and I could barely even feel that there were bumps so the fact that he could feel and read them was quite impressive to me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...love these pictures...want to just hug each of these kiddos! Glad you got to be there and who knows where God will take you next!!

    ReplyDelete