Friday, April 5, 2013

Fes | Morocco

Spring break this year took me to a new continent and a new country. I've been dying to visit Morocco for quite some time and was interested to see if it would live up to my expectations. Right from the airport, I knew that it would be different! Clearly, I hadn't done much research because I was expecting to land in the middle of the desert. Instead, found myself surrounded by green fields sprinkled with colorful wildflowers. Also, I had the sad misconception that being Africa, it would be warm. Not true, which left my first order of business to buying a coat. As a pleasant suprise, practically no one spoke English which left me to communicate in French for the majority of the trip!

Not long after our arrival, we boarded a train from Casablanca to the quaint town of Fes. The scenery was vibrantly colored and absolutely stunning. We stayed in the old medina, in a riad at the end of a winding alley. During our time in Fes, we drank copious amounts of hot mint tea, had the unfortunate experience of smelling the tannery, and ate on several roof tops from which you could see the entire city.

3 comments:

  1. you've got such nice photos! care to share what camera/lens you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I shot these on a Canon 60D with an 18-135mm.

      Delete