Monday, October 8, 2012

School | Athletics Day

Friday marked the annual SPH Athletics Day. It's pretty much the same as field day with a few minor alterations. Everyone at SPH is on a house team, just like in Harry Potter. Each team has a color, a mascot, and is named after a volcano in Indonesia. I'm on Merapi (green) then there's Kintamani (red), Bromo (blue) and Krakatau (yellow). We rack up house points through various activities, hoping to be on top at the end of the year! I told my kids to give me their best game face...this is what they came up with:

For the first event of the day, everyone competed in the 50 m dash until a winner for each grade was announced.

Kids were assigned to compete in various events based on prior trials in PE class. There were hurdles, high jump, long jump, and relays, in addition to non-competitive team events (like tug-of-war) for those not participating officially.

Athletics day came to a close with the staff relay. I ran the first leg for my team and Martha was kind enough to take pictures. I'm not gonna lie, I'm still sore three whole days later!




3 comments:

  1. I am glad that i came to SPH because i have learned so much and i don't know where i would be if i didn't come to SPH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad i came to SPH because it is the best school that i have been to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete